Friday, February 5, 2010

A LITTLE BIT ABSTRACT

DOUG WALTON WORKSHOP
The Upstairs Gallery
Arlington, Texas

Recently I attended a workshop at the Upstairs Gallery in Arlington, Texas
where I teach watercolor classes.  I was a student once again under
a master painter and teacher, Doug Walton.
Douglas M.Walton is an art professor at Louisiana University. He takes
groups of artists to paint  and draw in Bali and San Migel de Alente.
He is an accomplished painter and teacher in several mediums.
His currant artistic endeavor includes fused glass.  He designs
beautiful necklaces, bracelets, rings and ear rings in exquisite colors of glass. 

His workshop at theUpstairs Gallery was very creative.
We painted abstract underpaintings on saturated full sheets
of watercolor paper with acrylic paint.
After the paper dried we chose a subject and started
developing the background and bringing the subject out with details.
It was great fun to be a memeber of the class.  The change gave me
room to grow and freedom to express myself creatively. 

Below are two of the paintings I finished in the class. They are not painted
in my normal style of painting. Let me know what you think.
See the comment below, just click and leave a comment.




"FROM THE SEA"
Acrylic on Watercolor Paper
22" x 30"






"CAROUSEL PONY"
Acrylilc on Watercolor Paper
22" x 30"




2 comments:

SiLa said...

Hi Margie! This new style of your paintings attracted me to look for more on your blog. (We are together on DPA blog.) I love it, especially "From the sea". God bless!

Nancy Standlee said...

I don't see where to comment under the Kimono post but I like them very much.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin