Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Singer Sewing Fun

 
SINGER SEWING FUN
 

 
"Singer Sewing Fun"
22 x 27
Watercolor
 
This is a painting of my Mom's Singer Sewing Machine called
a Featherweight. She made a lot of my clothes growing up on
 this machine. I remember a prom dress she made for me.  It was a
pretty blue material with a sheer material over it.  She and my grandmother
taught me how to sew and follow a pattern.  I made a couple of
prom dresses for my daughter.
 
This painting was in a show in Breckenridge, Texas at the
Breckenridge Art Center.  I posted a picture of it on Facebook for
advertising purposes.  A former neighbor and friend saw it and
bought it.  Her mother also had this type of sewing machine.  The painting
reminded her of her mother sewing for her.  DeAnne also sews and
does quilting.  I am so glad "Singer Sewing Fun" has a wonderful new home and
is being enjoyed by DeAnne and her family.

 
 
PAINT, Professional Artists In North Texas is having several shows in the
area during May, 2014.
 
The Fort Worth Community Art Center
1300 Gendy St. across from the Amon Carter Museum
Fort Worth, Texas
 
Reception  is May 9, 2014, 6-9 pm
 
The Lancaster Theatre
Palace Arts Center
300 S. Main St.
Grapevine, Texas
 
Please visit and view the art by PAINT Artists!
 
COME BACK SOON!
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin