Tuesday, April 8, 2014

 
"Leaves of Gold"
 
 
"Leaves of Gold"
9x12
Watercolor
by
Margie Whittington
 
A new painting I did as a demo in Tuesday Morning Watercolor Class
at the Fort Worth Woman's Club.
I used Daniel Smith quinacradome transparent colors of
gold, scarlet and sienna. This brand of paint is rich and lustrous in
color.  The under painting was a wet into wet wash of colors and splatters.
 I then drew the leaf and stems on the dried wash.  Using a dark
mixture of ultramarine blue, gold, scarlet and burnt sienna, I painted the negative
area behind the leaf shapes leaving the original wash color on the shapes.
A little separation and detailing and I was finished.
Please leave a comment and let me know your impression of this painting.
Thank you for viewing this post. Please come back soon to see more paintings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sarah Stainback said...

Great painting. I love negative painting, and these colors were just right for this picture. thanks.

Connie Michael said...

Just beautiful, Margie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin