Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 3 Graham, Texas Plein Air Watercolor Workshop

On the third day of our Plein Air Workshop in Graham, the
weather was cold and rainy.  We stayed inside and painted in
the Old Post Office Museum and Art Gallery.
We had a fun morning painting abstract underpaintings called
"Minglings" and "Janet Roger Roses".






On Thursday afternoon I painted a watercolor demonstration of the
 Water Lily Pads below, using a limited pallette and
negative painting.  That is painting around the positive subject
matter which in this case was the lily pads.
There was a nice group of artists at the meeting of the
Graham Artist's Guild.  After finishing the painting, I had a drawing and one of the
long time members won the painting. 
After the meeting, I was packed up and headed home to Fort Worth.
It was a fun workshop and I really enjoyed the ladies in the workshop group
and all the members of the guild who came to the meeting.




One of the ladies in my Canvas by Canvas Painting Group recently
remarried and moved to Graham.  She was instramental in my
getting the gig to teach in Graham.  Thanks again Cindy.



If you missed Day One and Day Two of the workshop just scroll down
and you will see the group painting bluebonnets and
scenes around an old Victorian house in Graham.


Come back soon to see the next art adventure or project!



2 comments:

Pcasso said...

I love the rose and the "Minglings" are such fun. I'm glad it was a successful gig! Then again, how could it miss with you as the teacher!

Nancy Standlee said...

I enjoyed the read Margie and beautiful rose.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin